A Wedding Planners Wedding Plans: Post #6

The countdown is on! Less than 2 months until I'm a married woman! Time sure does fly. Corey + I can't wait for our wedding to finally be here. A lot of exciting things have been going on relating to our wedding. I recently had a wonderful bridal shower hosted by my mom + bridesmaids. They did an amazing job + I really felt like a bride! Coming up we have a Jack + Jill wedding shower that is being hosted by Corey's mom. A Jack + Jill shower is a celebration between both the men + women involved with the wedding. Lastly, we will both be attending our bachelor/bachelorette parties soon. We are definitely lucky to be surrounded by so many loving people who go out of their way to make us feel special.
bridal shower bride to be chairbridal shower table setting with flowers
bridal shower cakepersonalized bridal shower desserts
 At this point we are tying all the loose ends together + working on a few DIY projects. It's  been fun getting together with my bridesmaids for projects like making our favors, seating chart, + our card box. I love that most of the items at my wedding will be made by hand. Everything is going to match our theme perfectly because it was made to! My favorite DIY project are the vases I made for our sand ceremony. I couldn't find a set that fit our southern vintage theme so I decided to create them myself from mason jars, lace, + burlap twine. They are a cheap alternative to some of the expensive sets out there to purchase. I made the whole set for less than $10!

diy sand ceremony wedding
Our DIY sand ceremony vases!
diy candy buffet favor mason jars
Our DIY favors! Mason jars to be filled with goodies from the candy buffet at our wedding

All of our vendors are booked, our rehearsal dinner venue is reserved + all of our hotel reservations are ready to go. We recently sent out our invitations + have been enjoying receiving responses. It's always exciting to find out which family members + friends are going to make it to your big day. The majority of our wedding guests are traveling from our of town so we wanted to give everybody plenty of time to plan for the trip. We gave our guests a response due date of 4 weeks before the wedding. A lot of things depend on our guest count so we wanted to have a good amount of time to let our vendors know what our final number will be.

Planning a wedding is hard work. As an Orlando wedding planner, I was surprised to see how much harder it is when it's your own wedding. I can't wait to see all of our efforts come to life on the day of our wedding. I know it will be here before we know it, especially since we have a lot of wonderful At Last couples tying the knot in the coming months to keep me busy!

Until next time...
 

Comments