Meet : Almarie + Sean

There is just so much to say about this wonderful couple + not enough room on this blog to do so! Almarie + Sean are such a wonderful pair + it has been such a fun experience working with them to create a sensational wedding day, come September. The two have such radiant personalities + you can truly see the love when they are together. Oh, + did I mention how attractive of a couple they are? Come to find out, Almarie is a model but no surprise there! Get to know them through this fun interview + enjoy this engagement session taken by the fabulous Sivan Photography.


Where did you two meet?
Sean and I met through dance. I wanted a private dance instructor to teach me Salsa, so I blindly called an instructor named Sean Wilson. I showed up to my first dance class and found much more than a dance teacher. I found my life partner.
How did he propose?
It happened on the night of March 30th, 2011. Sean went to get me from the airport after my trip to Los Angeles. We decided to go to dinner at our favorite Sushi resaurant in Orlando: Shin. But before grabbing dinner, Sean said he left something at the Zebra Room, the studio in which he teaches salsa. So we got in the car and headed over to the place where we first officially met. It was a rainy night, but despite the rain, Sean made me stand outside in the parking area and told me to stand in the same spot he had first seen me walk out of my car for our first private lesson. Once in position, Sean got down on one knee, opened a little black box, and popped the questions. I said yes.
What is the style/theme of your wedding day?
We're keeping it all close to our roots. Sean is Jamaican and I'm Puerto Rican so we want as much of our traditions and cultures to be represented as we join in marriage.
What has been the biggest hurdle in your wedding planning?
Time. It's so easy to come home from a long day of work and get lost in wedding websites, wedding magazines, and searching details for that special day. So easy, in fact, that we forget how much time is consumed just looking at pictures on the internet, creating files of ideas for the cake, the dress, the wedding colors, the linens, the favors... etc. And then comes the real challenge: finding even MORE time to organize all of the ideas floating around in our heads, making calls, comparing options, and making decisions.
What has been the best decision you have made throughout your planning process?
Hiring a wedding planner! With only 5 months between my engagement and my wedding date, I had no time to lose. And since I've only been to about 4 weddings in my entire life (most of them being when I was a child), I have no clue about the details that go into planning and putting on a wedding. Bringing Jaclyn on board has been the best decision, and I frankly don't see how I could have gotten anything done without (Orlando wedding planner) At Last to guide me through it all!

What has been the best part about planning your wedding?
I got back into crafting! I've needed a creative outlet for a while now. Surprisingly, wedding planning prompted me to get more creative. You'd be surprised how many financial corners you can cut by making your own decorations, favors, etc. And it gives me an excuse to bond with my bridesmaids and my family. Everyone is willing to lend a hand if they know you are crafting your favors and decorations. Plus, it's way more meaningful to see a decoration that you and your friends/family made together. It makes it personal for you and everyone that helped you achieve any certain aspect of the wedding.
Has your groom been involved in the planning? What has been his favorite part so far?
We started out with a bang. We were picking dates, envisioning venues, thinking about colors, we hired a photographer... and then he bailed on me. I can't blame him though. Unbelieveable as it may seem, he is much busier than I am, so he passed the torch to me. Every now and then I'll show him a picture of an idea for linens, favors, colors, etc... and he always has the same opinion: "Beautiful". I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about how well white lace pairs with lavender linens, or which shade of plum the bridesmaids dresses will be... but he keeps me focused on what really matters by reminding me: "We're getting married. That's all I care about." And he couldn't be more right.

Comments